Welcome to Lasting Impressions, the one place for all things Deliverance and Janz team music featuring Danny Paul and Ken Janz. If this is your first time here, please start reading from the first post (at the bottom of the first archived page). It will make more sense that way.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Janz Team's Twilight Years

As the Janz Team fades from view, I had an opportunity to visit the last torchbearers for the Janz Team - Bob & DeEtta Janz. They told me that Black Forest Academy runs the show now, with their Teach Beyond ministry. The Janz Team as such no longer exists. The offices are empty, the tapes are destroyed, the people have moved on. Bob & DeEtta's ministry includes leading local bible studies, creating their own CD's and reissuing Janz team music, copied from sources other than original tapes, and given away as donation-ware. They told me stories of people emptying out their closets, and wondering what to do with their old Janz team music (give it to me), and honestly believing that no one out there would be interested in this old stuff (give it to me!), meanwhile, here at LastingImpression, I get many requests for the old gospel music that played such a big part of baby boomers' lives (GIVE IT TO ME!!!). Anyways, here's a Dropbox link to the four CD's they shared with me: After Janz Team. These albums are not available anywhere else.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

I just stumbled about your Janz Team/Deliverance blog today ... My dad is Vern Giesbrecht and was one of the founding members of the Janz Team Singers! I don't really have anything to say ... just thankful that someone still has this music up and available. Thank you! It was really good music ...

10:25 AM  
Blogger Daryl said...

Welcome here! Check out the NEW site at deliverance1976.wordpress.com It's a work in progress.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home